Check the availability of your mark for free
Of course, we always extensively check whether your brand can be protected or not.
Because you can arrange most of it online, our rates are super low.
We understand that personal advice is important. That is why you can always contact us.
How to register a trademark?
You can register a trademark by having it being added to the brand register. For that to happen, a brand needs to comply with several demands, otherwise no trademark right will be granted.
Registering your trademark is important in any phase a company finds itself in. There is no ideal moment, but companies increasingly decide to register during the launch.
The trademark registration procedure for brands internationally has 6 steps, which are:
- Research into older registrations;
- Determine classification;
- Apply trademark in the Benelux, the EU or worldwide;
- Assessing absolute grounds and formal requirements;Assessing absolute grounds and formal requirements;
- Legal objection period;
- Registering the trademark into the trademark register.
Trademark registration online
Why file a trademark?
What are the costs for trademark registration?
When can you register a trademark?
Perhaps you already might have a trademark registration, but your company has been growing and now you’re not only operating in the Benelux but in other countries in Europe or worldwide as well.
Where to register a trademark?
- The country you are located
- The country where the products are being manufactured (production countries).
- Countries where infringement is to be expected.
- Countries where important competitors are located.
- Countries where the products and services are being sold or offered on a regular basis.
Why do you need to register a trademark?
You can also prevent other companies from advertising with your brand name and thus stealing your revenue. We know customers who lost 40% of their revenue before they started to register their trademarks.
A fact not to be forgotten, is that you can add a registered trademark on the balance sheet. Assets is a different term for possessions. A non-registered trademark can never represent value, even if you feel like it does. For example, because you have a nice revenue stream coming in. If you want to attract investors, want franchisers or want to sell the company without your trademark being registered, there is no way any value can be assigned to your brand.
That’s why putting your brand on the balance sheet is an important reason to register it. You’ll immediately recoup the registration costs.
How to register a trademark yourself?
- Have your trademark checked online
- Determine categories with our useful tool
- Select countries to register in
- Apply online
Registering a trademark used to be complicated, but with our tool it’ll only take five minutes. You don’t need any legal knowledge to apply and you’ll have 10 years of protection in the categories you’ve selected.
If you’d rather prefer one of our trademark attorneys checks your application beforehand, we’d be happy to help out.